Rd 7 U13.3 v Fernhill

Despite the scoreline, this was a better Fernhill side than the one we faced in Rnd 1 and their goalkeeper actually played well. Unfortunately for the visitors though Russell Vale continued where they left off against Kiama last week.

In the opening minutes the Cobras went close to scoring several times before a wicked shot from Christian Baade Mortimer could only be parried by the goalie and Jordan Errington nipped in to score, 1-0. Soon after an individual effort from Louis Ready whom was having the game of his life on the left wing put Russell Vale 2-0 up and firmly in command. On the other flank Christian Baade Mortimer was also ripping the Fernhill defence apart and it was only fitting when a superb pass from Tommy Heaton set him up to score a spectacular third goal. Tommy Heaton was again involved in the fourth goal. Riley Hanlon won the ball deep in Fernhill territory, played it on for Tommy Heaton whose cross found the head of Louis Ready and his flick on set up Zac Winter to score, 4-0. Fernhill were struggling now and when Louis Ready broke free again on the left, his cross found Jordan Errington who had time to control the ball before tucking away number five. It was no surprise when Louis Ready scored his second to make it 6-0 after a good run and cross from Christian Baade Mortimer. Prior to HT Tommy Heaton won the ball on the edge of the box and curled his shot in to make it 7-0 at the break.

During the interval I reminded the players not be complacent but it still took a while for them to get back into their rhythm. Playing for pride Fernhill doubled their efforts at the restart to try and score. In their way stood the Cobras defence of Baxter Bowler Prentice, Jack Donnelly, Tom Curran, Ethan Larnach & Jarod Tuckwood and they dealt with virtually everything that came their way. The couple of times Fernhill did come close, Sean Donnelly was quick of his line to intercept any danger. Eventually the Cobras clicked back into gear and Zac Winter flicked the ball onto Louis Ready who took off from the half way line, beating several players along the way to notch up his first hat-trick for the Club. Zac Winter then set up two more goals, one for Blair Dunn whose shot finished in the top corner and the other for Baily Baade Mortimer to score from close range. With the game almost over Zac Winter then hit the bar, Blair Dunn saw another of his shots hit the post before the final goal of the game went to Tommy Heaton, 11-0.

It was nice that our “pass & move” football won glowing praise from the Fernhill coach, however I did notice that we lost a little bit of discipline towards the end of the game. It appeared that everyone was trying to get on the scoresheet, I guess it’s understandable……………hell even I wanted to run on and score!




Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.